Aloo pakora recipeCourse: SancksCuisine: Indian
This is the most famous and delicious pakora recipe.
2 cups beasn/gram flour
2 potatoes round chopped into thin slices
1 tea spoon caraway seeds/ajwain
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
oil to deep fry
chaat masala (optional)
1/6 th teaspoon baking soda
- Before going to the description of making this amazing pakoras which is really easy, let me introduce it..Pakora simply means the Indian version of fritters which are crispy , tasty and amazing and also it is made in many different ways like veg pakora, Gobi pakora,began pakora and many more.These are one of the most common snack in Indian families..During the season of rain or winters the demand of pakora increases..In my family it is everyone’s favorite and its a must once in a while.It is combined with chutney and sauce also with some fried green chilli.
- The process of making aloo pakora is super easy.Take a container..add besan, caraway seeds that is known as ajwain, red chilli powder and salt..dry mix all the ingredients well..Now take water in a bowl and slowly add in the mixture to make a semi thick batter just as this..Use your hands or a hand blander to make the batter..Now add the baking soda into the..mix well clockwise for a lumped batter for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Put the round chopped potato into it..Put a pan on the gas to deep fry the fritters or pakora..add oil..let it be hot..make sure to add atleast 2 cups of oil , so that the pakora gets fried well.Now let the oil be hot..You can check the temperature of oil by adding a little quantity of batter into it..if the batter comes up bubbling as soon as you put it..then the oil is perfectly ready..Now add the round potatoes one by one using your hands gently by dipping it well inside the batter.deep fry it in high flame for 1 minute and then roast it in medium flame to let it be cooked perfectly by flipping time to time using a oil staining spoon..
- As soon as it turns light golden ,transfer it to the oil paper to absorb any access oil..If you like your pakora more masaledaar/spicey, then do sprinkle some chaat masala over it and mix all of them gently..yummy!!
- serve hot with your favorite chutney or suace.
- This is aloo pakora recipe which is a very easy snack to make at home..don’t miss out on this amezing snack occasionally 👍👍